Saturday, April 16, 2005

Make Zine

I've recently discovered the blog that goes along with the new magazine Make: Technology on Your Own Time. For those of you who haven't heard of this magazine you may want to give it a look. It's close to 200 pages of do it yourself projects. Many of the projects are incredibly simple nd will make you ask "Why you didn't I think of that?"

It's not just about technology, but how to modify things in new and different ways. It makes you start looking at things in different ways. I'll be subscribing to it and keeping my stack handy when kids start looking to science fair projects. I'm sure I'll find a lab or two along the way as ell. Anyway, back to the blog.

The Makezine Blog lists a handful of links every day with hints for doing things on computers to simple projects on the Internet. There's even hinting that they will add a weekly podcast of interviews with people modding technology. I've added this one to my RSS Aggregator, which is saying something. Unlike many people who have 50 or more feeds they try to keep up on I have about 10 that I think are worth tracking.

No comments: