Sunday, October 01, 2006

I need to get a life

I was playing around with a free program I stumbled across for my Mac. You can see the result below.



The program is called MorphX and as you can see can be used to morph one picture into another. It is really easy to use and can be a lot of fun. I'm not sure what you could do with this in education other than have a little fun. I'm sure a cool idea will present itself... Students could look at change over time by creating an evolutionary timeline morphing pictures of more primitive species into more derived ones or germination and growth of a seedling. They could also propose hybrid organisms and morph them half way and take a snap shot.

There may not be a lot of educational value in this program, but it should at the very least make a good hook to get their attention.

On an unrelated note, YouTube apparently changes the aspect ratio of uploaded videos. The video I uploaded was perfectly square. I'll need to keep this in mind in the future. I suppose I must have somewhat of a life, otherwise I'd go back and add black bars into my two starting images and re-morph them.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: