Saturday, January 06, 2007

It's been a Lazy Month

I guess I've been a bit lazy lately (or maybe just too busy). I blogged about the Secret Life of Machines before. This was a series of TV programs that looked at the evolution of some great technologies. It was filmed a number of years ago, so it doesn't cover some recent technologies, however. That said, it's a great series for teaching many concepts in science or the process of invention. I routinely show several episodes in the second semester of my physics class.

Why am I bothering to blog about this again? Well, they are all now available on Google Video. Here's one explaining the evolution of the electric light.



I would highly recommend downloading the videos or embedding them in another web page if you're planning on using them with students. The main reason for this is due to the username of the person who uploaded them. It is not really appropriate (it's a double whammy for me working at a Catholic school).

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: