Thursday, March 06, 2008

Making Connections - Guerrilla Sessions

I went to Ben's MaculSpace Meetup this morning that was held in the Guerrilla Session room (Pullman room at Amway). I got to do one of the things I always look forward to when I go to conferences and that is networking with other like minded educators. We wished we'd recorded the whole thing, it was a great conversation.


The sessions are great, but it's those "hallway" conversations that often have more power to change the way I teach. It's the connections and conversations that make this really worth while. I guess that's why I really like social networking sites like the one Ben has set up over at maculspace.ning.com If you haven't already, you should come over and check it out.

Guerrilla Sessions are a great place for this sort of interaction. These sessions will be much less formal and should actually look more like the model of education we keep talking about rather then the Sage on the Stage model we have in the regular sessions.

To that end, I've also put up a picture of the Sign-Up sheet for tomorrow. So far it looks like we have:
  • Show Me The Money - Grant Writing at 8:25
  • Steal Back Fair Use: Copy small segments or whole DVD's for your own or educational use. at 10:00
  • 11:30 Still Looks Open
  • XO Laptops: Check it out - 1:15

No comments: