Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Astronomy Project Progress Report

We're in the middle of the astronomy projects now. I first have students create a quick presentation about some object in our solar system so they can get used to using Photo Story and learn its limitations. Most have finished their solar system object and are beginning the more involved Universe Presentations.

Things to point out/teach that have nothing to do with content knowledge:

  • Image Size: What is a pixel and how many should I have?
  • Microphone Use: How close is too close?

Here are a couple examples of what I'm talking about:

  • Io -Good microphone use some pixelation of pictures
  • Saturn - Very pixelated images and poor use of the microphone.

I'm going to go back and check how small is too small for images. I told my students to watch out for small images, but apparently I need to give them actual hard numbers so they know what "small" means.

No comments: