Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Free Screen Capture Software

For a couple of months now I've had this cool screen capture software sitting on my computer, but I haven't used it. I have Snag-It, so that's what I usually use. But I'm always on the look out for free software I can recommend.

Well, my new recommendation is TipCam. TipCam has some limits, but it more than makes up for it in eas of use. By default it saves as *.flv, which is the format used by video sites like You Tube. This means it may not have to be converted after you upload it (depends on where you upload it). Which is cool, the way it looks after you're done recording is exactly how it will appear when streamed from the web.

There are built in zoom and annotation features making it easy to highlight what you're trying to show. If you're interested in doing any screen casting this free program is definately worth a look.

No comments: