Friday, January 30, 2009

Detroit Metro-Area Physics Teachers Meeting 2/3/09

The next meeting of the Detroit Metropolitan Area Physics Teachers will be Tuesday, Feb. 3rd. I will be hosting at Divine Child High School in Dearborn, MI. We'll get started with dinner (probably pizza) at 5:30 with presentations beginning around 6:30.

The focus this time will be technology in science education. If you read my blog at all you already know this is what I do for fun, so it goes without saying that I will have a lot to share. But, there will be others sharing as well. So far I know there will be presentation on:
  • Vernier and Pasco sensors
  • Video Analysis of motion (with LoggerPro and a Free way)
  • Free Software for teaching sound
  • Moodle
  • Google Apps
  • Searching for SuperNovae with small Telescopes
  • Interactive Physics
  • WiiMotes as accelerometers and Interactive White Boards
  • Jeopardy PowerPoint game
  • Podcasting
  • Whatever else I can think of between now and then.
After the presentations I will have a number of stations set up to give people a chance to do some of what we've been talking about. I'm also planning on something new. I will set up a camera and broadcast a live stream to the web. Just goto dmapt.org for the live feed.

Below you'll find a series of previews I've been slapping together. They are done in one take and uploaded, so they're a bit rough, but they will give you an idea of what we're doing. Hopefully I'll get another one or two done over the weekend.

No comments: